Do you know your Wellness IQ?
What you should know:
Your FOOD should be your medicine. No supplements/medications can substitute for an unhealthy diet, a poor lifestyle, or lack of exercise. Remember 1) You are what you eat; 2) You are what you do NOT eat, and 3) You are what is EATING YOU. What we eat can turn our genes ON or OFF. Epigenetics is the science that studies this fact. Every bite we eat determines whether we fight or feed a disease through the 37 billion chemical reactions that happen in our body every second! Stress and a poor lifestyle cause over 85% of the diseases.
If you eat the Standard American Diet (SAD), which consists of lots of bread, sugar, cereals, soft drinks, soda, fast foods, and carbs, then you should STOP, THINK, and SWITCH to a healthier diet.
If your score was below 50, you are encouraged to revise your diet to include as many of the following as possible and request a complete body scan.
Recommendations for a healthy diet.
- Plant-based, nutrition-dense diet
- 8+ raw or steamed vegetables
- 2 fruits
- Beans, seeds, sprouts, legumes
- Herbs, herbal tea
- Nuts in moderation
- High fiber foods (min. 25g/day)
- Practice weekly autophagy & fasting. (I have a program for this)
* Consult your physician before fasting. Especially if you have diabetes or kidney problems.
- SAD & CRAP (calorie-rich and processed) diets
- Fast food, fried foods
- White flour, gluten, white rice
- Refined sugar (use Stevia/Xylitol instead of sugar)
- Bread, grains, pasta
- Junk food, sodas, coffee, alcohol
- Dairy, cheese, butter
- Oils, trans fats like margarine
- Avoid aspartame, MSG
- Baked goods
- Artificial colors & flavors
The average person consumes 22g of sugar/day. This is diabesity!
Avoid being OVERFED & UNDERNOURISHED. This is the cause of obesity, diabesity, and globesity.
- More Oxygen (5+ Deep Belly Breathes (DBB)/hr)
- More pure water (2+L/day) that is pH of 7.4
- Deep sleep
- Good supplements
If you would like to be healthier, thinner, and feel better overall while helping to prevent major chronic illness, then it is suggested that you eat:
1) More healthy fats like avocado, coconut oil, and cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil
2) Fewer carbs like sugar, flour, rice, and soda
For a great morning detox, add the following to a glass of water:
- 1/4 tsp lemon juice (or essential oil equivalent)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Optionally add 1/4 tsp of turmeric, ginger, and cinnamon (or essential oil equivalents)
Your pH will be 7.35 which is alkaline. Apple cider vinegar is full of enzymes and good bacteria. Plus, its acetic acid content can lower blood pressure by up to 6%. It can also help eat up the starches if you do eat grains in your diet.
It is recommended to consume this drink three times daily, 20 minutes before meals for two weeks, then consuming it one time a day before breakfast or lunch.
Use turmeric, ginger, cinnamon in tea, and your food daily. A 2,000-year-old superfood, apple cider vinegar has accrued a long list of devotees who fancy it for an endless number of uses.
Additional tips to improve your well-being:
- Start your day with an attitude of gratitude
- Have a hot water bath with Epsom salt
- Do NOT watch the news
I hope you found this helpful.
I encourage you to schedule a complete body scan as described on the Body Scan page. This will give you a baseline of where you are at now and will provide you with information to help you improve your well-being. Make note of your Wellness IQ score as you will be asked what it was when you schedule your scan.